international womens day today
dont forget to include trans women, disabled women, women of colour, non-binary people who partly identify as women, queer women, all women.all of them. i don’t want to see any derailed posts today about shit like “international mens day” it doesnt fly like that
life hack: if you are ever invited to a 70’s theme party, ALWAYS assume it is the 1770’s and dress up as a founding father
"merriment can sometimes be a heavier burden than battle"
like i understand hes making fun, i understand he’s talkin bout parties, but come on
what thor really means is “im sad” “im sad all the time” “im happy on the outside but im always sad” “because nothing is the same” “ive had to face things that tore me apart from the brother i love and the fun of life and of being young and free” “im conscious and clearheaded and because of that im sad” “but i still smile cause people expect me to smile like the golden son im supposed to be”
I meant to just reblog this, but then I started thinking about it and thinking about Thor and how he deals with this sadness, because, yes, so much of it is about not being that carefree (reckless, arrogant) youth anymore, but having seen the true cost of war (Loki is the cost of war, Thor lost him because of war), he bears a much heavier burden.
And like Thor says, it’s true that surrender is not in his nature, he still gets up every day and still fights to protect people and still enjoys that fighting, his laughter on Vanaheim was genuine, it’s just… not carefree anymore, it’s a fight to try to stay happy now.
But he still smiles because Thor is someone who protects other people, who smiles for them to reassure them, smiles because he is at heart an optimist, even if he’s learning to balance it with realism. And the thing that makes me really heavy hearted for Thor is that it’s not like he couldn’t show that he was sad, it’s not like he couldn’t tell people he was sad, but that it wouldn’t fix anything, so he doesn’t. He doesn’t talk about how he’s sad at the loss of Loki, because what will words do? He doesn’t have the words to bring Loki back. He doesn’t have the words to make him and Jane not from separate worlds.
So he keeps getting up and keeps fighting back Marauders and keeps working to stay positive and help as many people as he can and to try to work through all this, because Thor is never one to give up a fight, even the fight to just simply love people and live his life.
But it’s sad right now. Thor has a lot of sadness because there are so many things that he can’t fix and he’s a doer, he does things, that’s who he is, and doing things can’t fix them now, of course he’s sad and I just.
/cries into my pillow
Do you really want me dead
Or alive to live a lie?
Hurricane+Sherlock part 1/?
- Sherlock taking Victor ballroom dancing and Victor being so determined to get every step right that he’s all tense and Sherlock chuckling quietly and pulling him closer and leaning down to murmur in his ear: “Relax,” and Victor doing just that.
- Victor teaching Sherlock to cook proper meals so that he can sustain himself on more than bread and butter. Sherlock treating it like an experiment and concocting the weirdest dishes that Victor is always brave enough to taste.
- Sherlock visiting Victor’s family home in university holidays and gloating to Mycroft that unlike some people, he has an excuse to get out of putting up with their parents for five months out of every year (and that that excuse comes with plenty of sex).
- Victor getting into the festive spirit and putting up decorations everywhere and Sherlock being a grump and pretending he has no interest whatsoever in Christmas but secretly loving curling up in front of the fire with a mug of hot chocolate and leaning against Victor’s hideous Christmas jumper.
- Sherlock taking Victor out to dinner and blushing when the waiter brought a candle to the table and Victor laughing at how endearing that is and holding Sherlock’s hand until their food arrived.
it’s scary cause i almost can’t tell the difference.
That’s a Makoto Shinkai for you